Operations in Cold Weather
- Before beginning flight operations, double check the weather conditions. Avoid starting flight operations if there is potential for a shift in weather conditions, such as incoming strong winds, rain, and snow.
- Do not fly in temperatures below \(0^\circ\)C (\(32^\circ\)F).
- Avoid contact with snow. Moisture can damage the motors. Use a large landing pad for taking off and landing your UAS.
- Expect to see a 10-15% decrease in flight time - plan missions accordingly.
- Only use fully charged batteries.
- Pre-warm batteries to \(20^\circ\)C (\(68^\circ\)F) or more.
- Check the battery temperature in DJI GO.
- Use an insulated cooler, or keep in a warm car to maintain temperature when not in use.
- After launching, hover for about a minute to allow the battery to warm up.
- Avoid aggressive flight maneuvers and land flights earlier than in normal weather.
- Batteries drain faster in cold temperatures. Always check the UAS battery status during flight.